A History of Britain's Railways
Go to the RAILSCOT home page.
Search:
INDEX NEWS ON THIS DAY ARTICLES SLIDESHOWS MAPS COMPANIES SITEMAP ALERTS
Photographs of Glenoglehead Crossing
Show version with map

Glenoglehead Crossing: Looking north towards Glenoglehead Crossing and its distinctively diminutive signal box during track-lifting operations on the Callander & Oban line in December 1966. Glenoglehead served as the station for Killin ...
Callander and Oban Railway
Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven) [/12/1966] Ref: 31542


Glenoglehead Crossing: Activity in the yard at Glenoglehead Crossing, between Balquhidder and Killin Junction, employed as a base for Dunblane-Crianlarich track-lifting operations in December 1966.
Callander and Oban Railway
Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven) [/12/1966] Ref: 31600


Glenoglehead Crossing: Track-lifting train at Glenoglehead Crossing in December 1966. [See image 31542]
Callander and Oban Railway
Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven) [/12/1966] Ref: 31666


Glenoglehead Crossing: Looking south from Glenoglehead on the old Callander and Oban Line. The gradient from here southwards was 1 in 60 for 6 miles.
Callander and Oban Railway
John Gray [30/03/2005] Ref: 2680


Glenoglehead Crossing: Derelict platelayers hut between Glenoglehead and Killin Junction.
Callander and Oban Railway
John Gray [30/03/2005] Ref: 2681


Glenoglehead Crossing: The former Glenoglehead Station looking towards Killin Junction. The building is now two dwellings.
Callander and Oban Railway
John Gray [30/03/2005] Ref: 2687


Glenoglehead Crossing: The former station at Glenoglehead on the Callander & Oban Railway looking south towards Balquhidder Junction in September 2005. The station first opened as Killin in 1870, being renamed Glenoglehead ...
Callander and Oban Railway
John Furnevel [12/09/2005] Ref: 5500


Glenoglehead Crossing: Heading north along the Callander & Oban trackbed from Lochearnhead on the approach to the remains of Glenoglehead Crossing on 14 May 2008. This station was opened in 1870 as ...
Callander and Oban Railway
John Furnevel [14/05/2008] Ref: 19052