Tees Marshalling Yard
British Railways developed the substantial Tees Marshalling Yard between 1959 and 1963 on the site of, and to the west of, the North Eastern Railway's Newport yards. The original Newport yards opened in 1910 and became famous for the electrically hauled heavy coal trains that ran between there and Shildon. This 2004 view looks east over the down Tees yard. The up yard was to the left and has been lifted.
[Tees Marshalling Yard (British Railways)